At Berwyn Makers, we have guest speakers, but other times, we, the members, are the experts.
Our members have a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience to share and we all benefit when we have meetings that are discussions, such as our recent Pricing Game meeting.
At that meeting, we each brought in products we sell (or plan to) and everyone else wrote down the price we thought it should sell for. A very useful conversation followed.
For our May meeting, we planned out the coming year, but we also had a terrific conversation about the best direction for the group to go.
We love our guest speakers, but don’t want to do that every month, because the magic of this group is in the interaction.
We decided that half of our meetings will be the interactive kind.
If you’re up for that, please join us! We’re about supporting each other and moving our businesses forward. You’re welcome no matter what stage your business is in.
I hope to meet you in June, when we’ll be refining our elevator speeches!
Here’s a snippet from our May newsletter, written by Lisa Polderman:
We had a productive discussion in our May meet up where we brainstormed topics for future meetings and caught up on where we are with our respective businesses.
We will focus on elevator pitches in our June 12 meeting. Everyone will bring their pitch (rough drafts are welcome!) and we’ll practice in small and large groups until you feel confident. The other participants will provide friendly feedback and encouragement.
In future meetings we plan to address the following topics:
- Teaching – how to set up your own classes and look for places to teach (guest speaker)
- Build a profile of your ideal customer/client (audience)
- Problem-solving – bring a problem you are working on and get more minds working on it
- Online profile – have folks review your online profile pages and give feedback
- Craft shows (guest speaker)
- Photography (workshop / critique)
- Presentation materials – have folks review your presentation materials and give feedback
If you have a topic or issue you’d like us to address, please send it along to email@example.com.